250g sushi rice (i.e. short-grain rice), 1.25 cups of water, 1 piece of kombu (i.e. seaweed), 2T sushi rice seasoning, 800g lobster, 1 stalk of celery, 4 sheets of toasted nori (i.e. paper-thin-like of dried seaweed), 2T salt.
(1) some lemon juice, some mirin, some sake.
(2) 1/2 cup of mayonnaise, 2 tsp wasabi paste, 1 tsp low-sodium soy sauce.
1. Wash sushi rice under cold running water till the water through it is completely clear; Leave in the strainer to drain for 60 minutes; Arrange the rice in a pan with 1.25 cups of water and a piece of kombu; Bring to the boil over a high heat; Remove the kombu; Cover the pan; Turn to a medium-low heat; Simmer for 10 minutes; Turn off the heat; Leave it with the lid for 15 minutes.
2. Arrange the hot rice in a sushi-oke (large and very shallow bowl); Pour 2T sushi rice seasoning over the top; Mix well with a rice spatula and hand; Fan the rice till it cools at the room temperature; Cover with a clean moist but not wet cloth till ready to use.
3. Tear off the hard texture of celery; Discard the leaves; Rinse and drain; Cut into strips; Divide into 8 equal portions.
4. Place a lobster in a freezer-proof dish and covering it with crushed ice for 2 hours; Place the lobster in a large pan of cold and heavily salted water; Bring to the boil over a medium heat; Simmer over a low heat till the lobster turned deep brick red, roughly for 15 minutes; Drain; Lay the lobster on its back and twist off the large legs and claws; Carefully crack open the claws with a mallet; Scoop out the meat from the legs with a lobster spoon; Stretch out the body of the lobster so that its tail is extended; Turn it on to its back and cut the lobster neatly in halves along its entire length; Carefully remove all the meat from each half of the tail; Put the lobster meat in a bowl; Add seasoning (1); Mix well; Divide into 8 equal portions.
5. Add seasoning (2) to a bowl;
6. Divide the sushi rice from the step 2 into 8 equal portions.
7. Cut each toasted nori into halves.
8. Lay a piece of nori out on the counter; Evenly spread a portion of the sushi rice on the nori, leaving 1/3 nori empty; Spread some sauce from the step 5 onto the sushi rice; Put a portion of the lobster from the step 4 and celery from the step 3 on the top of the rice; Roll the nori into a cone, folding the bottom corner in while rolling; Stick the join together with some crushed sushi rice (Repeat the step 8 till the ingredients are used up).